Parmigiano Reggiano cheese is made with just three ingredients: superb milk, sea salt, and natural rennet. No additives or preservatives are used, ever, to make the real parmesan cheese. This is why it is considered by many to be “the king of cheeses.”
As a Parmigiano Reggiano Ambassador, it is our privilege to bring you the first gluten-free recipe of our “Gluten-Free Cooking with Parmigiano Reggiano” series. In honor of National Pasta Day, Munch Miami has created a delicious and simple pasta dish! Let us know what you think!
Rustic & Aromatic Pasta with Parmigiano Reggiano:
- 400 g (gluten-free) spaghetti (or pasta of choice)
- 40 g capers
- 100 g (roughly) butter
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 3 tbsp of oregano
- 3 tbsp of black pepper
- 50 g green olives
- 200 g ripe roma tomatoes
- 16 tbsp olive oil
- 100 g Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- salt and pepper
- Stir the butter until creamy.
- Add the finely chopped aromatic herbs.
- Wrap the cream butter in clingfilm and place in refrigerator.
- Peel the tomatoes, remove seeds, and cut into thick pieces.
- Put some olive oil in a frying pan and sauté the tomatoes.
- Add the olives, the capers, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Separately, cook the spaghetti (or pasta of choice) al dente.
- Once finished, drain and then stir into the already prepared tomato sauce.
- Let cook for a few minutes.
- Turn off stove and add the herb butter.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.