As part of our Gluten Free Cooking with Parmigiano Reggiano series, we bring you our second installment: Pears & Parmigiano. This simple yet versatile dish can be served as an hors d’oeuvre, as an after dinner dessert, or as a small bite during wine night. Only 10 minutes to prepare and eat! Ingredient selection and presentation play the most important roles in this dish as everything must be fresh and nicely arranged.
Pears & Parmigiano:
**Serves 8 – 10 people
- 6 ripe pears
- 300 g Parmigiano Reggiano cheese in petal-shaped slivers (minimum 24-30 months of maturation)
- 20 mint leaves
- Extra-aged Traditional Balsamic Vinegar from Modena or Reggio Emilia
- Peel the pears and slice vertically.
- Place the pear slices in a fan shape on one side of a large dessert plate.
- On the other side of the plate, arrange the real parmesan cheese slivers.
- Pour a few drops of Extra-aged Traditional Balsamic Vinegar on each cheese sliver.
- Garnish with mint leaves.