Nothing says summer like some barbecue with a side of cornbread and coleslaw. So we wanted to come up with the perfect recipe that included all of our favorite sweet, salty, and spicy ingredients to share with you all! Happy Jars Candied Jalapeños are gluten free, vegan, all-natural, and free of corn syrup, so that made them the perfect key ingredient for our Gluten Free Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread Muffins! Happy Jars is a local, family-owned company committed to providing the community unique and delicious foods that everyone can enjoy.
Below is our step by step instructions for the summer’s best sweet and spicy cornbread recipe.
We hope you all enjoy!
Gluten Free Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread
1-½ cups unsweetened almond milk
1/3 cup olive oil (or melted butter)
1 (15-ounce) package Krusteaz Gluten Free Honey Cornbread Mix
2 teaspoons garlic powder
½ teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons of Happy Jars Candied Jalapeños, finely chopped
1-½ cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and lightly oil a 12-hole muffin tray (or a 9″ x 9″ square baking dish).
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the almond milk, olive oil, and eggs.
- Add the package of gluten-free cornbread mix, garlic powder, and sea salt, and mix to combine.
- Fold in the chopped jalapenos and sharp cheddar cheese.
- Scoop cornbread batter into the oiled muffin holes, filling them ¾ of the way up (note: batter should be very thick).
- Place on the center rack of the preheated oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes (mine took 27), until golden brown and cooked through. Allow cornbread muffins to cool 15 minutes before popping them out of the muffin tray. Repeat for remaining batter (recipe makes 18 muffins).
- Serve with butter and honey.